8 Signs You May Have Hearing Loss
- You Have Trouble Understanding Others - You may be able to hear sounds, but not quite make out the words.
- You Have Trouble Hearing in Noisy Environments - Multiple background noises such as restaurants, can make hearing and understanding conversations difficult if you have a hearing loss.
- You Have Difficulty Understanding Women & Children - If you have a hearing loss, you may experience difficulty hearing or understanding words and speech patterns of women and children as both speak in higher pitches and softer tones.
- You Frequently Swap Ears When on the Phone - Frequent telephone ear swapping and becoming 'ear fatigued' may signal hearing loss.
- You Hear a 'Ringing' in Your Ears - If you have hearing loss, you may experience a ringing in the ears called tinnitus.
- You Watch Television Too Loudly for Others - If you're constantly needing to increase the volume, or others ask you to reduce the volume, you may require a hearing test.
- You're Physically or Mentally Fatigued - Concentrating to hear friends, family members, talk shows, and music can fatigue those with hearing loss.
- You're Often Told You 'Mumble' or Talk Too Loudly - If you have a hearing loss, your overall perception of sound has changed - even your own speech and pronunciation.